[Journal Menu]

[Home Page]


[100 Books]

[Other Sites]

Here In Oakland

Art & Life


November 21, 2017


Tuesday. Lights out early again, not sure when I dropped off to sleep, but awakened before six and so must have dropped off by ten. If that makes any difference. Anyway, up and out the door to walk on another not overly cool or cold morning to have the single pork chop, scrambled eggs, country potatoes, toast, fruit cup and coffee for breakfast.

You lasted but one crappy day on your oatmeal or plain waffle with fruit routine to avoid later morning ocular incidents?

I'm due at the doctor's office at eleven. I figure it might not be altogether bad. if I were to have one, to have it when I'm there and can describe it to him. A very thin rationalization, but I was hungry and that's what appealed.

Read the papers and walked back home under a bright sun to the apartment, taking the usual pictures. The small V 1 camera is oh so slow compared to the big DSLR's in focusing and speed. Still, feel better carrying it home after having the one stolen on the same sidewalk and so I'm sure we'll continue carrying it for now. But the dread is getting less dread as the days stumble along.

Later. Out to the car early enough to still catch the bus if the battery was run down enough and wouldn't start, but it did start and I drove to the Honda dealer located near the doctor's office to have it serviced on the chance they could finish it when I was done with the checkup. Lucked out, although I spent and hour or two waiting at the doctor's office and at the repair shop. A first. Good.

Brought the camera in the backpack and took pictures of the apartment house construction site on Webster after having a cup of yogurt and a small coffee at a nearby café in the building that houses the lab where I get my Protime tests done. Took the pictures more to kill time before the doctor's appointment was due to start than anything else. Still arrived half an hour early, but with the paperwork that needed filling out ate up the half hour and then another fifteen minutes because the doctor was running late. Still, I'd be waiting on the car if he'd gotten me in on time and so what? It was more comfortable in his waiting room than at the dealer's shop.

Car finally ready and so drove home to download and process the pictures while listening to the news. Life in the fast lane, but more than happy to have both these tasks behind me and done. The sinuses-upper palate has been acting up all day, but otherwise no harm from breakfast this morning.

Evening. Took a second dose of the pains meds in the late afternoon and it seems to have helped. Cuts it back just enough to still know it's there, but behaving better. Hard to describe, but it does feel better. Not best, but better.

Nothing on television, haven't been able to get into anything on the tablet, started a couple of magazines that arrived today and that's been our evening.

The photo up top was taken walking by the apartment house construction site between Broadway and Webster on the way to the doctor's appointment this morning with a Nikon D4s mounted with a 24-120mm f 4.0 VR Nikkor lens.