[Journal Menu]

[Home Page]


[100 Books]

[Other Sites]

Here In Oakland

Art & Life


March 5, 2017


Monday. To sleep last night somewhat later than I'd have liked, but awakening at five-thirty and then again at six to take my time getting up in order to kill fifteen minutes and set out walking to breakfast at close to six forty-five. About right, six forty-five, to arrive then just at seven, the restaurant open, the sun shining, the day looking pretty good. Cold, yes, but pretty good.

Had the avocado and (light on the) cheese omelet, country potatoes, toast, fruit cup and coffee for breakfast, taking my time over the papers. Well, reading all that I found interesting, still finishing more than a bit early and setting out for home by close to eight-thirty. Bright sun and so took my time and took more pictures than I usually would, if only for feeling more up than we've felt in some time. I'm guessing. Guessing, not making it up.

Nothing on the schedule, a package due today, three picture frames I'd ordered some time back that I don't need, but find it hard to resist when they're on sale. Maybe it will get me printing photographs later, something that's fallen for too long by the wayside.

Later. Fired up my old laptop for the first time in eight months, allowing the virus checker to update and go through its routine (which took hours) before beginning a Windows update. A two hundred file update. A really expensive, really nice laptop for its day and, I suspect, closer to being a door stop now after what must be a decade since it was purchased. But we'll see. Something to do though as we wait on FedEx with those picture frames.

Old laptops and old cameras, like old dudes, eventually run out of poop. Kind of like using a FedEx delivery excuse to not get in a walk outside.

Later still. The Windows update running on the laptop has been stuck on update 109 (out of 200) now for well over two hours, which means I suspect it's not going well. Such is life, we'll let it spin along as long as it wants on its stand in the background. Still no mail or FedEx, but that was expected.

Evening. Did my best to get into the Dr. Blake Mysteries episode that started at seven, bailed as it approached eight. The mail and then FedEx had arrived by then and so it was time for bed. Not a bad day, did some cleaning, played some guitar (the tuning device seems to have died) and otherwise attempted one or two tasks I've been putting off for quite a while. Got a fairly long list of those, I'm afraid.

The San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade taken Saturday with a Nikon D5 mounted with a 70-200mm f 2.8 VR II Nikkor lens.